Passed CCNA Routing and Switching for the 3rd time

skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I passed the 200-125 CCNA routing and switching exam to renew my routing and switching, CCNA Security, and CCNA Wireless.

There's a few things I want to mention. First off is I am a little disappointed in the exam. There was nothing on CDP. The number of simulations increased twice the amount than I took last time. It's very difficult to answer these questions with one monitor. When there's multiple configuration tasks for an access list, I have to flip to this and go back to that. I guess I should have wrote down the instructions on my scratch pad.

There was an EIGRP simlet which I had to skip because I was running out of time. I knew I wasn't going to finish the test.

Score was 817 with 810 the passing score.

Let me tell you kids who have never passed this, now I can definitely say don't take the composite CCNA unless you're renewing. Also, go for CCNP to refresh on CCNA.

I just didn't like how deep the questions were on DHCP and GRE tunnels. But who knows they probably weighted that less.

Comments

• K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think I could have passed CCNA Security exam last year without studying for CCNP Security. The depth of the questions were, I believe, not covered in any CCNA Security courses/books. The score required to pass was also higher than R&S (860?).

I will be taking more CCNA level exams soon, so I wonder if this is a trend? Adding more than the original study material? I read that they may be pushing some of the CCNP questions to the CCNA tests as they do refreshes.

Moral of the story: Study the CCNP material, too!
  • KhohezionKhohezion Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Seeing that I am planning on taking the exam soon... is there anything materials you suggest to use?
  • skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    K-9 wrote: »
    I don't think I could have passed CCNA Security exam last year without studying for CCNP Security. The depth of the questions were, I believe, not covered in any CCNA Security courses/books. The score required to pass was also higher than R&S (860?).

I will be taking more CCNA level exams soon, so I wonder if this is a trend? Adding more than the original study material? I read that they may be pushing some of the CCNP questions to the CCNA tests as they do refreshes.

Moral of the story: Study the CCNP material, too!

Final exam preparation should be done with Testout in my opinion. Pearson Vue sells a practice exam called Measure Up. Their tests are all simulations. If you get that, just do it in study mode and practice on Packet Tracer and then throw the final thing into the Measure Up.

Where I was disappointed was there were too many fringe topics and didn't pound you on where things are in the show commands. It's getting to be more like a CompTIA exam.