ejpt vs ceh

wannabeanOSCPwannabeanOSCP Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys

I am deciding what is better for learning please advise ill be doing this for 1-2 months

Thanks

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For learning ejpt. Your Cisco certs will get you through the HR door. However make no mistake elearnsecurity's name is gaining recognition.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CEH gives you a better overview on security in general, eJPT gives you some hands-on experience. eJPT isn't recognized at all, so I would go for the CEH if you can get that cheap enough. Thanks to a university training, I was able to do a CEH training for $400 including an exam voucher. You can easily learn the eJPT materials from free vulnerable machines and the cert is worthless, so if you want to learn hands on stuff go straight for the eCPPT or the OSCP.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Not even comparable in my opinion...with eJPT you will learn a lot, get to use the tools you learn about in real lab environment, and actually understand the material.

I personally wouldn't waste time time nor money on CEH
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• wannabeanOSCPwannabeanOSCP Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got CEH - for around 600$ but it will start on June 2-3months from now so i am thinking Ejpt would be a good course for hands on what do you think guys? ecppt is kinda expensive and i doubt i can finish that in that time frame
  • HCPS123HCPS123 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Base on my research Ejpt is better for you learning wise (you'll do more labs and actually learn more) whereas CEH has incredible name recognition by HR however you won't learn as much (outside of theory) and EC-council has a past of doing some shady/questionable things to test takers (not to mention their exam is over price in my opinion).

Ultimately you need to decide what you need more. Actually technical skill or a resume booster.
  • ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The eLearnSecurity lab access is valid for 2 years, you don't need to finish it by the time you get to the CEH. eJPT is the same level cert as CEH, but not as recognized. If you want to learn before you do CEH I would recommend saving $3-400 by watching videos on Cybrary and doing vulnhub machines instead.
  • ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    CEH will help you get a job, eJPT won't, or at least not nearly as much. Even with years of experience and better certs, there are still recruiters who hit me up on Linkedin just for my CEH. I also had an employer purchase the eJPT and eCPPT courses for me and I was a bit underwhelmed with how basic the eJPT course was.
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've read through the CEH study guide just to keep my knowledge fresh, but I have no intention of taking the test. I took eJPT and learned much more from that. Getting hands-on training is much better, at least for me, than just memorizing information for a multiple choice test. That said, I'm working on CISSP now, but only because it is required.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eJPT is much better for learning. 5-6 weeks is plenty of time to learn and practice the material at a leisurely pace.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP