Options

Quality sources of information for understanding market trends

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I am looking for quality sources weather it be blogs or news outlets that produce information in regards to market trends in IT.

I am about to pull the trigger on switching from the networking heavy track to the cloud and virtualization heavy track at WGU.
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When I did a master's degree program, I had a choice between three specialization tracks: business analytics, software development, or information security. I chose software development.

I ended up first working as a business analyst and now, 3 years later, I work in information security. I never ended up working in software development.

Looking back I realize now that choosing a track really wasn't all that important as I still had so much fundamental knowledge to absorb and the real specialization happens on the job and outside of the classroom. If I were you, I'd choose whichever track is the shortest path to getting a degree, any degree related to IT; the title doesn't even matter all that much.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh, so the easiest is best.

Ok gotcha. I can choose specialization later.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.