Options

Exam has kicked me

DEION10DEION10 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_redface.gificon_evil.gif I retook 70-218 last week and it really kick my butt. I thought I cover every subject. Only scored 600 on the exam... Now I am frustrated and wondering where did I go wrong... before going back to drawing board...Webmaster give me some pointers, please
icon_redface.gif

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sorry to hear that. What are using to prepare for this exam and do you have hands-on experience?
  • Options
    DEION10DEION10 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am using Transenders, Microsoft Press Book for NetworkInfrasture Managemnt Book. I am going build my own personal Server with W2k workstation, and switch this weekend to create my own lab. My problem is with Micosoft questions on the real test. icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    DEION10 wrote:
    I am using Transenders, Microsoft Press Book for NetworkInfrasture Managemnt Book. I am going build my own personal Server with W2k workstation, and switch this weekend to create my own lab. My problem is with Micosoft questions on the real test. icon_redface.gif

A lab is something you probably should've looked into early on. You should also consider virtual machine or virtual pc 2004. It's cheap (relatively speaking) and you can run full labs from one workstation. I use them religously for security/vulnearbility demonstrations and training, and for preparing for MS exams as well. For example, on the laptop I'm using to post this, I have 2 Windows 2003 servers, 1 2000 server, on 2003 Web Server Edition, a Unix install, a Linux install and an XP install. I don't try to run more than 3 at the same time, but I've saved a ton of money vs buying more and more equipment (and maintaining it). Either way, get some lab time in and you should be fine.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Check here for the free versions of VMWare or Virtual PC:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14331

I happen to have used the transcenders for the 218 exam myself, as well as the TransTrainers. Our former Ms moderator Pavlov mentioned on numerous occassions that she thought the trancenders were terrible for the 218 exam. I did think they were indeed a bit dissapointing compared to their products for other exams, but the TransTrainers were right on target.