Options

Can you study for Proj + with PMP materials

jjwolfejjwolfe Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I have Joseph Phillips PMP Book and Udemy course... so that's the end goal but I'm going to use Proj + as a placeholder and confidence builder before taking the PMP. If I use the PMP materials to study from will I be good to go? Are the 47 processes focused on in Proj + or just concepts?

Comments

• Options
    soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took a quick glance at the Project+ objectives (https://www.comptia.jp/pdf/comptia-project-(pk0-004)-objectives.pdf) and looks to be quite a bit of overlap with the PMBOK/PMP materials. I used Joseph Phillips PMP course on Udemy and thought it was very good.

I didn't notice any glaring gaps but review the Project+ objectives and see where you need to study up on. It'd probably be better to start with a project+ materials and then move onto the PMP materials as a review building upon the project+ studies/materials
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Seems to me you are on the right track. Just compare the objectives. Years ago I was studying for MCSE, and studying the more challenging networking concepts. Since I was already studying the Microsoft networking stuff, I took a quick sidetrip to take the new Network+, and I think I missed only one question. Likewise I would expect the PMP material to be a bit more advanced, and cover similar concepts. So, doing Project+ in the process is wise.