Options

Question for those taking WGU degree

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
If you are a WGU student enrolled in the current Bachelor of Science in Network Operations and Security, I have a question about 3 classes.

I am planning my semesters to knock this out quickly and was hoping you can give me some details about what to expect from the following:

Data Management Foundations
Web Development Foundations
Scripting and Programming Foundations

Looking to get an idea of the type of class this is. Things like study materials and how difficult you think they were. (I know difficulty is very subjective.

Thanks in advance.
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There is a jobs and degrees subforum here with tons of WGU threads already. You'll probably have more luck there.
  • Options
    gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    I took this one a few months ago and it was really easy, the only thing I would suggest is to take it together with C170 as there's a lot of overlap in material.
    I took this one about a year ago, so it might have changed since, but overall it was easy, especially the PA, the OA was a bit tricky, so make sure to brush up on all the obscure HTML tags.
    This one was very easy, but I have some background in OOP/OOD from the past, so it might be different for you. Basically, if you understand the basics of OOP and can read the Python code - you're good to go.
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you are a WGU student enrolled in the current Bachelor of Science in Network Operations and Security, I have a question about 3 classes.

I am planning my semesters to knock this out quickly and was hoping you can give me some details about what to expect from the following:

Looking to get an idea of the type of class this is. Things like study materials and how difficult you think they were. (I know difficulty is very subjective.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't taken the Data Management Foundations course yet.

Web Development Foundations - Just took this last term and I was able to go through the reading and practice exams in a little over a week. I have a background in amateur web development so a lot of the material was recognizable. With dedication you can do the same. It's not an overly difficult class. Just know that your final objective is actually taking the CIW certification exam so keep that in mind and don't make the same mistake I did and wait until the last minute. I was barely able to schedule my exam. Had to get an extension and luckily I passed on my first try (barely).

Scripting and Programming Foundations - You won't be doing any "real" program per say. They use pseudo-coding that is structured around Python so it's more of a conceptual course. You get to learn the overall terms and functions of scripting and programming. I also finished this in a little over a week.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lots of good information, thanks guys. I have my own ideas for how to manage my study time, but was curious what study methods you used?
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!