Options

Just starting A+, advice wanted

alexparkeralexparker Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_confused.gif:

I have just decided to go for my career in IT, i have a fair bit of experience with PC's as i have been playing around with them since i was only a little toddler, i am looking at doing both the A+ exams following up with a couple of MS qualifications, i was just wondering where the starting point would be and would be grateful of any advice if there are a few people out there in the same position
Could you genetically modify a penguin so that it was 7 inches tall and lived in an icy bath tub???????

Comments

• Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Well, the A+ is the place to start. After that, try looking into some other CompTIA Certs like Network+, Server+, and Security+ since they are all respected and can help with the Microsoft certs later. If you decide not to do that and jump into Microsoft, go for the MCSE. I started with the XP exam (70-270) and am working my way through and need just 1 more Microsoft exam for MCSA. I am also mixing in Network+ right now and after MCSA I think I'm going to hit Server+ next.

It really is your own preference though...I've seen some guys on here that got CCNA first and then went back for Network+ and MCSE...Just look at the different certs and related suggested careers and see where you want to be and it will fall into place.

Good Luck!
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"