Options

Resume Critique

Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi all,

Please can you critique my resume, I want to get some critiques from TE members before I start applying.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Remove nationality and driver's license, move up your education to match the bullet, then move it(and certs) to the end of your resume, get rid of areas speciality and Skills (save that for a cover letter). PLEASE, a pet peeve with me icon_wink.gif, but write a paragraph on your experience for each job and get rid of the bullets. Get rid of workplace training or did you train people? If so, state that because it was confusing to me.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I will edit this post shortly after I read the resume but PLEASE understand all your personal info is visible if I do a copy+paste. You may want to fix that ASAP.

I agree with XXXX regarding bullets. Your resume is what I call the bullet fest (trademark!). The purpose of a bullet is to highlight something. In the resume context you want the person reading it to remember your key accomplishments, so that's what you use the bullets for. If you bullet everything it loses all meaning. I would go as recommended above with a paragraph followed by a ew bullets with key accomplishments.

Other blatant issues include wasted space, weird spacing, and inconsistent capitalization of proper names (windows, active directory).
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    No problem.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Saw your resume before you pulled the link. I agree on the bullets, it's an easy way for me to toss a resume. Don't be so quick to get rid of nationality though. SA is not the US and you need to conform to what's expected in the countries you're applying in. If you want to apply in the US, get rid of it. in SA, let people in SA be your guide.