Options

ISO MGT512 Pretests

bigrodbigrod Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings,

I took one of my two SANS MGT512 pretests the other day and scored only a 69%. icon_sad.gif

I am wondering if anyone has any they would be willing to "gift" me? I ask because my new job depends on my passing the exam and I'd like to pretest as many times as I can. I developed an index and made changes to it based on the first pretest, but am worried that two just won't be enough. I appreciate your time and consideration. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    al88al88 Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Review your weak areas and study them again, 69% isn't as bad as it sounds for your first SANS practice exam. Make sure you actually read cover to cover (not slides only) and highlight and make your index as you go (so many topics about how to make index here in TE I'm sure you will find a good one that work with you)

As for taking "as much pretests as you can", that isn't the best approach here.. they lose value fast since questions will start repeating a lot. If you still want some, then you can always buy them from GIAC directly.

Good luck!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ^ this guys SANS/GIACS'

Agree on the diminishing return. You could buy another practice test at $150 a piece but totally not worth it IMO. I don't think I've ever gotten more than 75% in my first run. I use it as a learning experience, strengthen the index, review weak areas, and then do the second practice test. It has worked well times 3.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Try harder icon_rolleyes.gif
    Seriously, how much time do you have until the test? Buckle down and study study study. Your new employer likely doesn't really care if you get the letters after your name as much as you can prove you have that knowledge which you need for the new job you have.

As said before, read everything, not just the slides. Highlight keywords, add them to your index, and study study study!