Options

Has this ever happened to you?

techN0techN0 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I've been applying for many entry level IT jobs, I receive an email response back from a particular smaller sized company asking to schedule a phone interview during a specific time. I reply back stating the time when I am available during that time period they asked. The day comes Im prepared ready for the interview 5 mins goes by nothing 10 mins nothing 15 min nothing 20 min nada... so I give up. No email either or anything. Felt pretty disrespected wasting me time. This was the first time this ever happened to me btw. Has this ever happened to you TechExam forumers and what would you do ? Im feeling like I wouldnt want to work for a company that doesnt follow - up. Kinda shows to me that they have internal problems.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    When it happens to me(even with more 'senior positions'), I call or email and ask if there is an issue (usually, it is a meeting that ran long etc). Gives me pause though if I even want to be interviewed..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yes, has happened to me. Scheduled phone interview with multiple people and then .... crickets. I called the recruiter after waiting in the conference call, and he had no idea what is going on. HR called me back 2 hours later apologizing as they all got stuck in a conference do to buying another company. We rescheduled for later in the afternoon. Worked for them for almost two years before they came in one day and cut half the sales and half the supporting staff at multiple locations. The writing was on the wall, and I moved on soon afterwards.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    More times than I care to remember.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil