Options

Bcs computer science

denis92denis92 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was accepted at auburn university for their second degree in computer science program. It's a bachelor's of computer science though not BS. I have seen job postings that state "bs in computer science or related required", while this is not a BS. Do employers really mean bs or do they just mean bachelor's. There is another program at Lowell which is a BS in information technology would that be better since it's a BS? I would rather do computer science since that may lead to more career opportunity since I don't know exactly what I want to do but I am wondering if a BCS will hold me back?

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is it this?
    https://www.eng.auburn.edu/comp/academics/undergraduate/computer-science/index.html
    [h=4]Computer Science[/h][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.64)]The computer science curriculum, which leads to the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree, provides excellent preparation for students seeking careers as software professionals and in computing-related fields, as well for those planning to pursue graduate study[/COLOR]
  • Options
    denis92denis92 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No this one, https://onlinedegrees.auburn.edu/computer-science/ , the one you linked is the on campus program.

Its a new program, started in the spring, its a degree completer program for those with an associates degree. But they accept second degree students. I am guessing they call it a BCS because the only classes you take are computer science courses. But still I would like to know what the implications are on employment.
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Seems to have the traditional CS courses. How does it compare to WGU BSCS courses? That $486 per credit hour really hurts. Hope you have a scholarship.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd just call the school if you're really concerned. I've never heard of a offering a bachelors that isn't "of science" or "of arts". I can't imagine how that isn't considered a BS of CS.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Bachelors of Computer Science. Sounds legit after reviewing the courses. The initials are a little strange, but I highly doubt the University of Auburn get's any questions.

Let's put it this way, if WGU is accepted by N company that degree would as well.

Keep us up to date on this degree.