soccarplayer29 wrote: »
The BS in general might be a hard requirement.
TechGromit wrote: »
In some companies, this is certainly true, but it's there loss all the talent they are missing out on. There have been lots of famous scientists, inventors and self made million/billionaires that either never attended or never finish a college degree.
yoba222 wrote: »
Here's a quick homework assignment:
1. Pick a popular online job board
2. Search for a job title of your preference (e.g. the word "security")
3. Choose a large and generic area, like California or Texas
4. Copy and paste a list of the phrase where it asks for college requirements, e.g. "Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field" into an empty document
5. Do this for 15 to 20 job postings
Then decide for yourself what companies want regarding specific degree or major.
techie2018 wrote: »
If you do this be sure to pay attention to job ads that says B.S. degree or equivalent experience. If it does say equivalent experience then obviously a B.S. isn't required assuming you have the experience and knowledge.