Options

Sybex ISC Cissp Official Study Guide 8th edition

mlcarsonmlcarson Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've just received this book (about a 1000 pages) and also have the older Shon Harris All-in-One Exam Guide from way back in 2002 (suspect this may no longer be of value). I'm in my second Information Security Officer job and am a CCNP/CCDP with a Computer Science degree and system administrator background. None of the material seems to be difficult but there's a lot of it. Any suggestion on any additional material to study from and how long?

I've seen the Syngress 11th Hour study guide mentioned a lot here. Is it still relevant? Or maybe the CISSP Official practice tests that are to be released 6/13/18?
https://www.amazon.com/CISSP-Official-ISC-Practice-Tests/dp/1119475929

Comments

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For the 11th hour, the book is a great summary of the material. Also for that book, I dont think the new objective would change much of the content of this great book.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 for Steve.

Only book that I read from cover to cover for the exam and found it really useful. icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you've half answered your own question. You know which areas you're strong in so perhaps review the topics and see what your weak areas are and concentrate on those. For me, much of the networking stuff wasn't too bad as I did the CCNA a few years ago and software development wasn't too bad - other areas were new to me though.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog