CCNA Industrial

joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
I haven't heard much about this cert since it came out. Has anyone here done the CCNA Industrial? I'm thinking of signing up for Cisco's online training for it.

Comments

• joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I haven't been able to find much info anywhere on this cert, but it looks fun, so I signed up for the online IMINS2 training. Figured it's worth a try.
    I'm on section 5 out of 30 for the IMINS2 online training. So far it's been a lot of CCNA Routing Switching review. They've added in a little bit of MSTP, CPwE design, differences between industrial switches and Catalyst switches, and how to configure SmartPort Macros, as well as a bit of overview of what devices you might be connecting to the network. It references the Cisco validated design page, so I've been spending more time reading those whitepapers than I've spent on actual course content. I think it's too early in to know if the class is worth it or not.
  • thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds interesting. Not sure how marketable it is, but as long as you enjoy it.
    2019 Goals: CCNP R&S
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sounds interesting. Not sure how marketable it is, but as long as you enjoy it.

It's definitely sounds like a niche cert, specifically for its namesake. If you work or planning to work on factory or plant networks this cert will probably be useful.
    True, it's not the most asked for cert, but I think it would be useful where I'm at, so I'm going for it. It's going a little slow since I'm studying multiple certs at once.