passed

dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
I used an old 02 test book and the 2005 Sybex book. Read them both once and read tech notes here, thanks. I never hit the practice tests until im zeroing in on a date because I want to keep the questions fresh so I can get an idea of how im doing without seeing the test banks before. I was pulling between 85 and 90%. I went through the sybex book and dog eard tables and figures that I would have to commit to memory and a day before the test started going over this material repeatedly. Utility switches, topologies, cable specs, port #s etc... I had a couple questions on Macs os 10.3 that were greek so I guessed. I took 8 credits of netware so I had that down pretty good only saw a couple of those also. I think the sybex, techexams and freetests pretty well covered most of the material.

Anyway I was procrastinating taking this test as my confidence was low after failing the XP exam. I knew this would be easier because I had taken the A+ already. A job came up for a network tech which is rare around here I live in a very rural area. A+ and NET+ and a 2 year degree were requirements so I had to go into power cram mode and take the test. Whether I get the job or not at least I got another cert under my belt.

I think I go to security+ before I go back to XP. I remember there being alot of security on that exam and it also applies to MCSE elective should I ever get that far.

Comments

• rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats. By the way, what was your score?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My score was a pass icon_lol.gif
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Excellent score! Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    congrats icon_lol.gif I'm going this friday. A little scared but i'm gonna be cramming these last few days.