Big Favor to ask about GSEC Index

OmniManOmniMan Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone have a recent index I can use pretty please? If not, can I at least have some type of **** sheet similar to the CISSP ninja. Basically a couple pages with the core commands or definitions. I will be forever grateful.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Obligatory question: what's the story here? There's tons of value in creating your own index so I'm always curious what motivates people to ask for done indexes.
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OmniMan wrote: »
    Does anyone have a recent index I can use pretty please? If not, can I at least have some type of **** sheet similar to the CISSP ninja. Basically a couple pages with the core commands or definitions. I will be forever grateful.

Personally, the GSEC exam was second longest exam I have ever taken in my life. It was hard on the eyes and patience.

I feel as though even with an index, an individual must know a good portion of the material. Trying to flip through 180 questions within an index and within books can be time consuming. What good is an index without the books? If you have the books you can make your own index. You really do not know how "detailed" that index really is that you would be receiving.

Truth be told, people have spent countless hours making an index. To just give it away for free would be a great service to you, not them. They would be on the losing end. Either way, I wish you the best.
  • mactexmactex Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    johndoee wrote: »
    Personally, the GSEC exam was second longest exam I have ever taken in my life. It was hard on the eyes and patience.

I feel as though even with an index, an individual must know a good portion of the material. Trying to flip through 180 questions within an index and within books can be time consuming. What good is an index without the books? If you have the books you can make your own index. You really do not know how "detailed" that index really is that you would be receiving.

Truth be told, people have spent countless hours making an index. To just give it away for free would be a great service to you, not them. They would be on the losing end. Either way, I wish you the best.

Completely agree. Creating the index is a major part of the LEARNING process.