Options

eJPT passed 5-20-2018

ArridTatooineArridTatooine Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
I just wanted to share my experience with eJPT exam.
It is a fairly easy cert to pass and should take you about 3h, however they give you 72h to pass, which is good for busy students/workers.
I have enrolled in the PTS course (full version), and will take you about few weeks to a month to complete. Make sure you do all labs twice. Do not **** and look at the answers before you complete the objective.
I have also read Georgia Weidman book which was helpful but not necessary to pass eJPT.

Next for me is CISSP, then I will come back for eCPPT/OSCP.

Comments

• Options
    tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Insane amount of time waiting for them to check my ID before I can start.

Hope its worth waiting for.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow! Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

If I may ask, what was your background or experience? How much time did it take you to prepare for the test? I'm coming from a GRC background and would like to tackle this exam in the next couple of months (if time permits).
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    Thanks Info_Sec_Wannabe !
    I have about 11 years of work experience in network/systems and a bit of programming (mostly during my master's such as C/C++ and PHP)
    Now it's mostly bash & python script for work/hacking projects.
    I currently have CCNA, LFCS, CEH and eJPT. I got really late into passing certs, which I am fixing this now.
    I do play with vulnhub, OverTheWire, and also used to participate at CTF events (I haven't for awhile)

As for preparation I only did the labs twice, and I read Georgia Weidman's book as a refresher.

Tip : There is multiple ways to finish each labs, you just got to apply what you have learn during the course and apply it even though it's out of the scope. I have found some interesting left over scripts icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats ArridTatooine on clearing the exam. I also completed eJPT. I took almost 8 hours as I don't have much experience about pen test. But I surely enjoyed the exam and have enrolled for PTP and WAPT. Just waiting for todays seminar related to PTP v5 to see if there is any change in version and it's topics.
    Good luck again.

Regards
  • Options
    Thanks Naruto !! :)
    Can't wait for the seminar too !!
    Cheers buddy !
  • Options
    LamplightLamplight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Working On: eCPPT