Options

Just need to confirm, new CPE requirements

jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I'm aware of the new CPE requirements for CISSP (120 over 3 years, regardless of how many earned in a year...so no more minimum) and the new manner in which you submit credits as well as the new categories. I'm just curious as to why when I log in to my ISC2 account, it still says I have 8 CPEs needed by 31 May 18?

The additional 8 would put me over the old annual CPEs requirement. The Nov 2017 handbook says 30 group As, 10 group A/Bs as an annual suggested total, but a required total of 40 under of the annual suggested?!

Welp.
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well I found this verbage in the handbook and the online chat agent told me the same.

The total number of CPE credits earnedwithin a three-year cycle must add up to the minimum CPE credits required duringa three-year certification cycle. (ISC)2 has a suggested annual minimum to help youbalance maintaining your certification.

Kind of threw me off saying a suggested total has a required total...
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    jvrlopez wrote: »

The total number of CPE credits earnedwithin a three-year cycle must add up to the minimum CPE credits required duringa three-year certification cycle. (ISC)2 has a suggested annual minimum to help youbalance maintaining your certification.

I am not sure to understand...