Passed CISM 1st attempt

sumeetgandhisumeetgandhi Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I passed CISM last week and got provisional pass as the result after finishing the test. I have not received the official email / score so far. Any idea how long it takes and can I start filling the application form only when I get the email from them?

Few tips for the ones who are currently studying:

I am into IT industry from around 11 years and had been doing various roles, including Security.

1. Exam has really good questions. So, make sure you understand the topics (domains) well. I would prefer you to go through the manual.
2. If you have access to the QAE db it will just give you some idea of the questions nature. But do not expect even a single question coming out of it (atleast that was in my case icon_sad.gif ).
3. The PSI testing center was a bit weird. The machine was not ready for around 30 mins from my exam start time icon_sad.gif . I asked the center and they said its becoming common issue recently. It did not hang midway though for me.
4. Some questions even tested for the latest general knowledge about the IT world so make sure, you are up to date with the happening around the world.

For my next challenge I am looking to go for either CISA or TOGAF. Any recommendations?

Cheers!

Sumeet
---
With Regards
Sumeet Gandhi
CISA, CISM, PMP, PMI-ACP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint (2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007), MCTS, CSM, ITIL, PRINCE2

Comments