Options

Slack for Veterans in IT Security

m4v3r1ckm4v3r1ck Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
[FONT=&amp]Hi everyone,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]My name is Heath Adams, AKA m4v3r1ck, and I co-run a veteran blog/free video courses geared towards hacking/penetration testing. Because our content is mostly educational, we typically post over at r/netsecstudents.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What we hardly advertise is that we also have a Slack channel dedicated to Veterans in IT Security. We use this channel for educational and networking purposes. The channel is open to veterans of any background, skill level, and country.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If you're a veteran and interested in networking with other like-minded vets, you can join here: https://www.veteransec.com/slack
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to DM me.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Heath[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Veterans as in former Military? Or veterans as in experienced IT professionals?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Veterans as in former Military? Or veterans as in experienced IT professionals?

Veterans as in former military. Our blog/video courses are free to anyone though.
  • Options
    scadascada Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will take a look.... Always good to see vets helping vets.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Vets deserve free EVERYTHING.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    m4v3r1ck wrote: »
    [FONT=&amp]Hi everyone,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]My name is Heath Adams, AKA m4v3r1ck, and I co-run a veteran blog/free video courses geared towards hacking/penetration testing. Because our content is mostly educational, we typically post over at r/netsecstudents.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What we hardly advertise is that we also have a Slack channel dedicated to Veterans in IT Security. We use this channel for educational and networking purposes. The channel is open to veterans of any background, skill level, and country.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If you're a veteran and interested in networking with other like-minded vets, you can join here: https://www.veteransec.com/slack
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to DM me.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Heath[/FONT]
    Thank you for sharing and please give our regards to Goose icon_biggrin.gif

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    Thank you for sharing and please give our regards to Goose icon_biggrin.gif

Not sure if you've heard, but he died.
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    He isn't dead....he went back to his home planet icon_lol.gif

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil