Options

Network Engineering Opportunity (SC)

adam220891adam220891 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hit me up for details. Need a junior sort of person who doesn't mind looking at an IP phone and seeing why it's registering, but is interested in learning heavy OSPF/BGP, PAN firewalls, ISE, etc. This is an in-person job in Charleston with 'normal' hours. You'll primarily work with me, but there's one additional person at a satellite office.

Comments

• Options
    labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PM'D!! Very interested!!
  • Options
    QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's good to see some SC positions advertised. I'm in Columbia. Consider moving to Charleston, but doing alright here for now.
  • Options
    Queue wrote: »
    That's good to see some SC positions advertised. I'm in Columbia. Consider moving to Charleston, but doing alright here for now.

Charleston's got a decent tech scene. Lots of DoD/SPAWAR contracting and software companies. Cost of Living is outpacing salary, it seems though.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    With 5000 people added to that town per month, how do you sleep at night recruiting more? ;)
  • Options
    Ertaz wrote: »
    With 5000 people added to that town per month, how do you sleep at night recruiting more? ;)

Talent pool is low. I'm just a network engineer, who supports a large user base and is in need of assistance. I've seen the resumes come in and only one guy is worth a second chat to so far, so I figure TE is worth a shot.

I moved 700+ miles to come for this gig, and think I meet more transplants than locals. If there were 25% more jobs (maybe not even that high) we'd be writing our own checks with the talent pool that is available, but the few good people out there are competing for the same scraps.

Working on a SPAWAR contract is fine but those guys aren't very hire-able in my experience. They do one thing. It may just be rack and stack. Or they just might STIG ASAs all day. Doesn't fit well for enterprises that need multiple hats on each guy/girl.

Adam
  • Options
    I need to finish up my CCNP where I am, already have SWITCH done. Also just finished SECFND, working on SECOPS. I would like to re-locate to Charleston or Charlotte eventually, so hopefully in years to come the jobs are still there. Good luck with your job search.
  • Options
    I need to finish up my CCNP where I am, already have SWITCH done. Also just finished SECFND, working on SECOPS. I would like to re-locate to Charleston or Charlotte eventually, so hopefully in years to come the jobs are still there. Good luck with your job search.

I can get you CBT access and certs reimbursement. Don’t delay, do it now!

Also Charleston and Charlotte and nothing alike. Visit both if you haven’t already
  • Options
    thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I could afford to move, this would be a great opportunity. Always liked Charleston.
    2019 Goals: CCNP R&S
  • Options
    Yeah I've been to both cities numerous times, lived in this area most of my life.

Charleston - (charming, beach access, king street, market street, etc.)

Charlotte - (pro sports teams, major airport, large city, music events) still close to mountains and beach.

My outlook on those places.

Columbia = in the middle of it all
  • Options
    Yeah I've been to both cities numerous times, lived in this area most of my life.

Charleston - (charming, beach access, king street, market street, etc.)

Charlotte - (pro sports teams, major airport, large city, music events) still close to mountains and beach.

My outlook on those places.

Columbia = in the middle of it all

I can’t see the appeal of Columbia. Your outlook on both cities is accurate in my opinion and I get the appeal for both. I’m an ocean and no snow personal so Charlotte doesn’t work for me though