Options

Aws

MicroScoMicroSco Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all! Looking for some help to find the right online training course for AWS Solition Arch certification. Need to mention that I have no prior experience of workkng on AWS technology. Already searched google to find the best one available but can't yet decide wherether should go for pluralsight, LinuxAcademy or Acloudguru.

Comments

• Options
    cochi78cochi78 Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure about Pluralsight, but I would still suggest taking the acloud.guru course. They so far were didactically more sound, but LinuxAcademy has been closing the gaps lately. One advantage for LA would be, that they provision lab servers for you to get hands-on experience, while acloud.guru only has recordings showing you the necessary steps.

Whatever course you take, you should also work with quiz apps like those from CloudPros and maybe think about the practice tests from Whizlabs. Afterwards, you are ready for the exam.

From my personal experience, it is not worth buying the official AWS practice tests via PSI ($10 I believe)? The official study guide is quite out of date now as well.

I'd advise on taking the -old- version of the test, as (according to my knowledge) no prep materials are available for the new Well Architected Framework-related version yet.
  • Options
    b0Risb0Ris Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My opinion:

If you are looking to simply pass the test, ACloud.Guru is a good website to go to and teaches the tests well.

If you are looking to really understand what AWS has to offer, LinuxAcademy has much better labs and material for that.

I use a combination of the two when I have the money and time to study.
  • Options
    MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    b0Ris wrote: »
    My opinion:

If you are looking to simply pass the test, ACloud.Guru is a good website to go to and teaches the tests well.

If you are looking to really understand what AWS has to offer, LinuxAcademy has much better labs and material for that.

I use a combination of the two when I have the money and time to study.

Dead-on
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike