Options

Started my CISSP preparation

AninditaAnindita Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I have started preparing for the CISSP exam and aiming to write it by end of 2018.
Can anyone please help me understand if there is any special perpetration needed to sit for CAT exam OR the preparation technique will be same as the old 6 hours exam format?

To start with I am following the resources mentioned below:

SYBEX version 7 and 8
cissp official practice tests
cybrary website

please advice.

regards

Comments

• Options
    cemen777cemen777 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is a lot of info on YouTube, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JIK-iLMbqQ&t=157s.
    Good luck.
    May the force be with you!
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Haven't had the chance to sit for the linear exam format, but in my case, the most that I did to prepare for the CAT exam was answering practice tests/exams without going back to check my answer (and making sure that I read and understand the question before selecting an answer and moving to the next one) and probably coming into the exam thinking that I will have to do all 150 questions.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I too plan on starting my studies in the fall. I will however, try and accelerate my studies to 3-4 months as that's what's recommended on these forums.

It's hard to retain all the information when you spread out studying longer than 6 months.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Thanks to everyone for your kind response.
  • Options
    Thank you so much.
  • Options
    laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In terms of how you approach it, it's not that different. You still get multiple choice questions that you need to tackle. However there's no 'flagging' so you need to give each question your best effort as you encounter it and move on to the next.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog