Options

Contack HR about my resume?

Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
How long should I wait until I call HR about update on the job? I got couple jobs that I applied for back in April, and haven't heard anything back from them. Should I put them down as "declined" on my job tracker? or should I go ahead and call them? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Options
    TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you apply to these jobs and haven't heard anything back at all, or did you get an interview and heard nothing afterwards? Either way I would put them in your declined pile.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ghosting by HR and hiring managers is the new norm in my experience. I follow up with them weekly until they either give me the "thanks no thanks" or "stop calling we'll call you".
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I mean, haven't heard anything back. Not even for an interview.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Follow up if you want, but most likely an exercise of futility. Just move on and keep looking.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Time to just move on pretty much.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ryan9764 wrote: »
    Sorry, I mean, haven't heard anything back. Not even for an interview.

Unless you have highly specialized experience, desirable skills, this is the norm for most HR departments. You don’t get a response, sometimes even after you interview, you never get an answer back, although in my opinion, your at least owed a rejection letter if they interviewed you. I recall a meter reader job I interview for years ago before I got into IT, it was 8 months before anything back from the Electric company after interviewing, basically asking if I was still interested. I landed my first IT job by then, so I just ignore the letter.

Don’t wait around for any one employer, submit your application and move on. If they call you for an interview great, but don’t wait by the phone for that call, usually it never comes.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't reach out, especially if you haven't been interviewed. I always hated when people would drop off or send in a resume and then call a week later to say they hadn't been contacted. If there was a position and you were a match you will hear, if not don't waste your time or mine. There are various reasons for this: position was filled internally, position didn't get funded, or you aren't a fit. When I worked at a college the policy from University management was you could post, but had to wait six months before calling anyone because you were to review whether you'd be fine without the position. The other item I ran into was that the position I interviewed and made all the way through the process for was a coop position that they were converting to full time. Upper management swept in and said no it will remain a coop spot or be eliminated immediately.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff