Options

Minimum age for certifications

NoctilumNoctilum Member Posts: 16 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if there is a minimum age to become certified for Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA? I am guessing it is 18 because of the NDA you have to agree to but I am curious if I can get my son working on them. He loves working with me in IT and has helped me a lot studying for the cert exams. It would be interesting to see how he himself would do and also give him a head start on things.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I think the youngest MCP is 6 or 7 years old. So there's that.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Was curious and the youngest person I could find who got their MSCA was an 8 year old... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marko_Calasan
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I think the youngest MCP is 6 or 7 years old. So there's that.

Yep, 6 year old MCP. 10 Youngest Child Prodigies Of Microsoft ~ InfoFeeling
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well there you go lol. Although those ages may only be applicable for Microsoft certs. Can't say for CompTIA or Cisco.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah it is crazy to see how kids are passing these certification exams. I remember seeing somewhere that an 8 year old passed the CISSP.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah it is crazy to see how kids are passing these certification exams. I remember seeing somewhere that an 8 year old passed the CISSP.

I'd like to meet that 8 year old with 5 years of experience in two of the domains. LOL
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Meh, kids passing those exams isn't really an impressive feat to me. They have nothing but time and all you need to pass those certs is plenty of time to read and study books. Now show me an 8-12 year old who can pass the OSCP/CCIE or another cert that requires pure hands-on demonstration, then I will be impressed.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    McxRisley wrote: »
    Meh, kids passing those exams isn't really an impressive feat to me. They have nothing but time and all you need to pass those certs is plenty of time to read and study books. Now show me an 8-12 year old who can pass the OSCP/CCIE or another cert that requires pure hands-on demonstration, then I will be impressed.

There are plenty of smart kids who could, but most lack the physical resources to train for that kind of knowledge. You either need access to a lot of gear, money to buy it, or money to take boot camps that have the gear.
    2019 Goals: CCNP R&S
  • Options
    thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Noctilum wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a minimum age to become certified for Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA?

For Cisco, it's 13.
    2019 Goals: CCNP R&S