Options

Any really free ATS scanner for Tesumes?

kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
I was recently applying for a job where they had a ATS incorporated in the website itself.
I was horrified to read what the scanner read from my resume. I thought my resume was formatted perfectly with correct keywords, skill matrix etc.
Does anyone know of a really free ATS scanner that one can use? Or any site offering ATS scanning at a very low rate like 10 scans for 10 bucks?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kabooter wrote: »
    I was recently applying for a job where they had a ATS incorporated in the website itself.
    I was horrified to read what the scanner read from my resume. I thought my resume was formatted perfectly with correct keywords, skill matrix etc.
    Does anyone know of a really free ATS scanner that one can use? Or any site offering ATS scanning at a very low rate like 10 scans for 10 bucks?

You could try job scan

https://www.jobscan.co/#

Another website is worlde

Wordle - Beautiful Word Clouds

Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to your own desktop to use as you wish.

Job Seekers: Have Your Wordle'd Your Resume?
    Wordle-ing your resume uncovers hidden flaws and some fun.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/career-transitions/200903/job-seekers-have-your-wordled-your-resume
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I definitely agree it's a good idea to do a word cloud on your resume, and do a word cloud comparison of your resume to the posted job description of the job you are interested in applying for. I do this myself and sometimes make minor tweeks to my resume.

That said, it must be remembered that ATSs do not work by word clouds or word counts in the job description. Depending on the vendor, the ATS can look for a wide range of criteria in determining if an application should be forwarded to the recruiter. A word that appears but a single time on the job posting can be the configured as the most weighted keyword in the ATS.

By all means to the word cloud, but, also use discerning judgment and read the job description closely to try and identify the employer's needs, then in your application show how you are the best to meet their need.