Options

Pass the CISSP yesterday

pmillerpmiller Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CISSP yesterday, the newest version, 3 hours to take the exam and there were 150 questions. It took me just over 2 hours. You couldn't go back and review questions, once you select a question and submit, you are given the next question. I self-studied for the exam. I subscribed to skillset.com and progressed through the training until I was 100% ready (Skillset.com keeps track of your progress and lets you know when you're ready). I also studied the practice questions offered by CCCure until I scored at least 80%. The two weeks before the exam, I read through the book, CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, Eight Edition by Mike Chapple, James Michael Stewart, and Darril Gibson, and published by Sybex. In my opinion, I believe I could have just studied the Sybex book alone and passed the exam, the book was that good, and an easy read. But it’s just my opinion, and there is no way to prove my theory, since I did use other tools to study.

Comments

• Options
    gchild00gchild00 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!!! What's next!?
  • Options
    MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome job! And just like gchild00 said, whats next on the list?
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike

• Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! Sounds like your preparation was pretty solid.
  • Options
    adlinuxadlinux Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! I am preparing for the exam as well, and I've picked up the Sybex study guide by Mike Chapple. I'll look into CCCure & Skillset as well. It's such a relief to know the newest version of the computerized exam has less questions than the legacy exams. I just couldn't see myself sitting for a 6 hour exam.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

What was your background though coming in to the exam? If you've been doing info sec for quite some time now, it would be understandable enough that you found the official study guide sufficient.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    AninditaAnindita Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What is your background?