Options

CISSP endorsement application questions

tonyg73tonyg73 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, I provisionally passed the CISSP exam on June 25th 2018. When I got the email from ISC2 regarding applying, I selected 3 domains: IAM, Software Dev. Security and Security Operations. The third category was a mistake. I meant to select Security Engineering. In my haste I forgot where crypto was in the domains. My mini-resume that I typed up at the bottom of the form basically had nothing about security operations (though I have experience in that domain).

My questions are:

1) How particular is ISC2 regarding what you type up in the experience section versus what domains you select?
2) Does that merit an audit from ISC2? If so, can I assume they'll let me correct my mistake?
3) Or do I have nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance! After 5 months of non-stop study I really just want this whole process over with.

- Tony

Comments

• Options
    I can't seem to edit the above thread, but wanted to add:

When I login to the endorsement portal I see the following...not sure if this is relevant to my questions:

Your application was endorsed by <my CISSP co-worker>, it has been submitted to (ISC)² for review.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You likely can't edit your post since you are a new member. As for the rest, it's possible that your application may be audited, though audits are usually conducted randomly. I know because my SSCP application was audited. You may consider contacting ISC2 directly to get their advice.
  • Options
    Much thanks tedjames. Can you describe your audit or do you have a thread where you detailed what occurred? Was it a big delay in you actually getting certified?
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tonyg73 wrote: »
    Much thanks tedjames. Can you describe your audit or do you have a thread where you detailed what occurred? Was it a big delay in you actually getting certified?

After I passed my test, I mailed in the usual info. I received an email (I think, may have been a letter) stating that my application was being audited. Essentially, I just had to re-mail the same info. I received my certification packet within a few weeks after that. It was harmless. I imagine, though, that if they're serious about auditing someone, they'll do a more thorough job.

I have posted about this before as have others. Just do a search in audit or ISC2 audit or something similar.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! :)

A friend of mine was selected for audit and all he was asked to submit, in addition to those he previously provided, was evidence of a college degree. (Not sure what it is for though..)
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    kabbrakabbra Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don’t worry much about it. Just relax and all will be good. If your application is selected for audit , then you just provide the correct info. The same thing happened to me and I just got the final “congratulations “ email.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    tonyg73 wrote: »
    It takes around 4-6 weeks for them to even start looking at your packet. If all is good, you should be approved pretty quick, or worst case you will know if you are being audited or if they require more information. I found that as soon as somebody started looking at my packet, getting responses and having the process finalized was quick and easy.