Options

#switchport mode trunk

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am configuring etherchannel on my physical lab currently on a 3750 and a 2950.

#vlan 10
#interface vlan 10
#name VLAN10
#exit
#interface range fa 0/1 - 2
#switchport access vlan 10
#switchport mode trunk

When I get to the switchport mode trunk portion of the configuration it takes my interfaces out of vlan 10 why is that?

Am I not suppose to configure them as trunk ports for etherchannel?
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• Options
    this is the configuration I added after making this post not sure if I'm doing this correctly
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    For a trunk you'll want to specify a list of allowed VLANs, not a single access VLAN. Something along the lines of "switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20,30" for the list of VLANs you want trunked over the port. The "switchport access vlan x" tells the port what VLAN it should be a member of when it's in access mode.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Got it thank you!