Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Is that a real one??
    witty comment
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    its as real as you want it to be, i use it a lot when i have to tell my colleagues in work that the problem was with a dumb ass teacher without being known to cast insults infront of other staff who may inform the said dumb ass teacher of my comments, phew typed all that in one breath

meant as a joke but used for real

lee
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    _omni_ wrote:
    Is that a real one??

You never heard of that? That is one of my favorites, along with the good ol' I/O error....Idiot Operator....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    That last problem (work order/ticket) was a PICNIC.

Problem
    In
    Chair
    Not
    In
    Computer

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I always liked the ID-10-T error.

(Idiot) icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Lee H wrote:
    its as real as you want it to be, i use it a lot when i have to tell my colleagues in work that the problem was with a dumb ass teacher without being known to cast insults infront of other staff who may inform the said dumb ass teacher of my comments, phew typed all that in one breath

meant as a joke but used for real

lee

I, too, work in a school. It's truly amazing that some of these kids learn anything when the teachers know even less! You learn very quickly to make up some excuses when you check a machine that won't come on, only to find the power switch on the computer cart was turned off...of better yet, I had one teacher who said her speakers were not very loud and asked if I could check on it...I went in, turn the volume up on the speaker and she was happy. Her response: "I didn't know that was even on there..." icon_rolleyes.gif

But hey, it keeps me working!!! icon_lol.gif

I'll have to tell the other tech guys about your acronym, they will love it!
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Thats just lazy, these middle aged and older teachers steer clear of anything that involves ICT cos it means they have to learn a whole new subject of information so they dont, they just leave it to the tecky's. ICT will not be and cannot be understood by everyone until we have a generation of teachers who are fully ICT literate, can you imagine what it would be like for an actual teacher to be able to troubleshoot basic printer problems or clear a print queue, would leave us tecky's to the clever stuff like AD and Exchange etc...

makes ya wonder what lies ahead for our children ICT incompetence depending on how old the teacher is.

lee
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    We refer to it as a short between the chair and the keyboard but same idea. The best part is telling the user that the fix is to replace the short. :o

Of course you have to know the user well enought to know they won't get overly offended. icon_lol.gif
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes