switchport mode trunk
channel-group 1 mode active
!
interface FastEthernet0/2
switchport access vlan 20
switchport trunk allowed vlan 10
switchport mode trunk

Can someone post an example of what this proper configuration is suppose to look like? I'm trying to have 2 vlans use the same etherchannel trunk ports
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Get rid of the switchport access part. Update the switchport trunk allowed to "switchport trunk allowed vlans 10,20". All config should be made on the port-channel interface not the individual interfaces. The individual interfaces will automatically inherit the config.

I'd wipe the interfaces clean and do something along these lines:

interface FastEthernet0/1
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/2
    !
    interface Port-channel 1
    switchport mode trunk
    switchport trunk allowed vlan 10, 20

I'd also suggest you do some more reading on the actual difference between a trunk and access port. What do the frames carry on a trunk? I think a lack of understanding the basics is causing your confusion with configuring it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Meh I need to review this again I think I crammed to much info to fast. Taking a few hours off and coming back to it.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.