Options

CISSP 2nd attempt - Advice needed

vslambavslamba Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I am planning to take test this week.

I am getting on an average of 72-80% on CCure exams on all domains.

This would be my second attempt.

I have been reading from Sybex test for a while , so cant reall tell the true score as i know most of the answers.

Took one test on Udemy got there 82% , dont know how reliable it is

Any advice , shall i prepare more or gp ahead with the test

Vik

Comments

• Options
    kabbrakabbra Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't rush it. Ask yourself some questions and see if you are able to get it right without seeing the multiple choice options. For example, do you know what SCAP is and it's components? What is CPTED, CC in depth, crypto and etc. If you can get some of these topics and explain to someone else what they are and do, then you may be ready. These are just some examples of course, there are more concepts than this. Good luck in your preparations.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When was your first attempt? If it was after CAT, you would at least know what domain(s) you need additional preparation on.

By Sybex test, do you mean the practice questions and exams that come with the book (instructions to access the same can be found on the Appendix section)?

Would be helpful if you can do a last minute review of the concepts by reading one of the following: the 11th Hour book, Summary section of the Sybex book, Sunflower PDF, etc.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    Thanks for the advise.

I know CPTED and crypto in detail. Not others you mentioned.
  • Options
    First attempt was almost an yeah back. Got 682 then, it was not CAT. My weak domains were Security Operations and Network. Which are still the weakest ( as compared to other domains) but better than last time.

I meant Sybex practise tests.

Good advise, I will just focus on Sunflower and summary on the end of the book.