Options

Question!

mkjoungmkjoung Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondering how hard it is to find a job while being unemployed. Having a rough time with new job (4 months in) and would really like quit and start looking for a new job. And I really would not like to wait till I have something lined up to quit. I am thinking of quitting and applying to jobs and studying for a cert (MCSA). Please let me know how realistically hard it would be or if it's something that's doable.

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Don't do it. Look for the job while you are in your current one.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Unless someone else will be paying your bills, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot if you don't have another job lined up first.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    mkjoungmkjoung Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not worried about the money.. just worried/wondering about how hard it would be to get a job when you have a gap on your resume. Also, how much hiring managers care about someone who quits due to "not fit" reasons. Thanks!
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    What if it takes awhile to find a job? Employers don't take kindly to large spaces on your job history.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As others have mentioned it is much easier to find a job while you have a job already active. ;)

I would use this as an opportunity to push harder on increasing your skills and knowledge with certs or courses. This will help you leverage and position yourself for the next role. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah, a large gap in your resume with the reason "had a hard time with the job after a few months so just decided to quit" would not work very well. I would look for the new job first and tell any prospective employers that the job isn't a good fit for you, but you're doing what you can to get the work experience you need.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    BTW - why are you jumping ship only after 4 months? You may also want to consider if getting a new job would really make things better.

[edit] - just saw your other thread - sounds like maybe you are over your head at your current job. Sounds rough.