Options

disable internet connection

muhammed_albmuhammed_alb Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need some help about my guest account. I have two account, one admin and the other one guest as usually. But I dont want to allow internet connection in the guest account, only in my admin account. Who can a do that???
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I'm not sure if you can. You could create an account for the same purposes, and then disable internet access.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is this on a single computer or in a domain? If on a single computer, logon as guest and open IE. Go to Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, check the box to use a proxy server. Enter 0.0.0.0 for the IP address.

Now logon as admin. Open Group Policy (Start, Run, gpedit.msc). Go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Internet Explorer, Internet Control Panel. In the right hand pane now click and enable the "Disable the connections page". This will stop them from being able to change the bad proxy information.

This will stop them from using IE. If firefox or netscape or something is installed they will be able to access the Internet using it instead of IE. Question - Why is the Guest account even in use?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    why not set the guest account with no gateway address? then they cannot get out.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    why not set the guest account with no gateway address? then they cannot get out.

The gateway address is machine based, not user specific, to the best of my knowledge.
    All things are possible, only believe.