Options

Starting 741 in August

Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
Looking at the books it appears that 741 covers almost twice as much info as 740 and 742. I am sure it is not that simple of a translation but the book is twice the size and the CBT Nuggets are more then twice as long.

I purchased the exam voucher with two retakes. Hopefully I don't need all three but the pricing was reasonable for 3 attempts. I am going to take my first attempt in the beginning of October. The next two would be used about a month later after I review any weak spots and try again.

I already have a lab set up from 740 but my plan is to rebuild all of the machines as I do each exam. Since I am using all trial versions of the server I need to refresh occasionally anyway.

Jon

Comments

• Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!

Look here for some free material. Helped me doing 70-741 https://www.edx.org/course?search_query=server+2016
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    jpanda206jpanda206 Member Posts: 23 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You being a CCNA will help out alot, there is some basic networking type stuff that is covered. Such as subnetting, dns, and dhcp . Thats all covered in the books i believe so it bloats it a little.
  • Options
    KalissieKalissie Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since you have done CCNA it would not be hard. But yes it is lengthier than 740. I spent whole month studying. I used cbt nuggets which i recommend to anyone for 741. I got a good deal on ebay (https://drive-ebay.onlineweb.shop/CBT_Videos/cat5793554_4310515.aspx)
    Even with my two kids I managed to study for atleat2 hours a day. I was done ccna prior to 741 so believe me it is easy to understand. Also prior working experience with server 2016 would help but not necessary. cbt videos explains it all.
    another important thing is go though the OCG before the exam. at least read it once completely. it helps.