Options

SEC506 questions..

antajiantaji Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Has anyone taken SEC 506 recently? How many pages per book? The only thread I came upon was several years old and it seemed like it wasn't a very great class. They mentioned spending 20 mins a slide or something or is it just as fast paced every other sans course? Looking at the topics, I'm not sure how this is 6 days unless its exercise heavy. I'm thinking about taking it. Let me know, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    c5rookiec5rookie Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SEC506 is a good course to take, especially if you don't have a strong background in Unix/Linux systems. It does have a lot of exercises and demos over the six days. This helps emphasize the material the instructor is presenting. Some of the topics it covered which I wasn't too familiar with were chroot(), SELinux, AIDE, and Linux forensics.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Co-worker took it. Great class, but not very popular among the masses. You could get most of the content just by looking at the course descriptions & buying related books on Amazon for securing Linux and also YouTube/Google, but then you don't get the benefit of living and breathing it the SANS way.