Options

CISSP practice questions

anjan42anjan42 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I went through Eric Conard CISSP 3rd edition book first chapter and then straight went to doing Chapter 1 practice questions from Sybex CISSP ISC2 Practice test 2nd Edition.

Now there are questions for "DMCA" and "Federal Sentencing Guidelines" which I couldn't answer and I searched the Eric Conard book and found out these keywords are not there, so I went over the offical CISSP 8th edition book and I see these terms mentioned there. (its a 1600 pages book).

Because the terms used in Sybex CISSP practice test are not present in Eric Conard book does this means that Eric Conard book shouldnt only be the resource to study? I dont know how many more key terms are missing in the other book then.

I have 10 years of IT Security experience with CCIE Security and OSCP and I am working towards CISSP now.

Comments

• Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You are OSCP? Wow! icon_cheers.gifAny reason you're pursuing CISSP (e.g., career move)?

If my memory serves me right, there aren't any US-centric questions on the test (but knowing those wouldn't hurt especially if you're in the US?). Personally speaking, I only used Eric Conrad's 11th Hour Book as my primary reference and supplemented it with Google, Cybrary.it CISSP video course (by Kelly H which I highly recommend) and a couple of practice tests.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    anjan42anjan42 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Honestly speaking I dont like CISSP. I have mainly worked as a technical person but now in Canada the contractor rates are going down for tech people because there are a lot of people willing to be your alternate.
    I thought a good alternate would be to move towards a Security/Cloud Arch. position where I could command more money and for those jobs CISSP was either mandatory or highly preferred, also if a government contract shows up they do mention CISSP as mandatory most of the times I see otherwise I dont like the certification.

Yes I have seen Kelly's CISSP videos, personally I prefer books as I can retain them in my memory easily :) but I was concerned about the depth of certification blueprint. I feel like doing OSCE would be more easy for me compared to CISSP but if you dice or indeed it then you wont find many jobs demanding OSCP or OSCE.

I did OSCP back in 2011 ...