Options

Larry Greenblatt or Clement Dupuis

dony2015dony2015 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I need help here as I need to pass CISSP before the end of this year. Please, don't advise me to embark on self study again as I have failed the monster twice through self-study.

The reason I failed it twice is due too the shifts I work now. I work a 12 hour shift plus 3 hours drive to and from work every shift. By the time I get home, I am always dead tired.

Now, what I am looking for is to do the boot camp on CISSP. The only problem I have is, I want to know whether anyone on this group has used any of the 2 boot camps mentioned below:

Larry Greenblatt's Cyber Kung-fu CISSP or,

Clement Dupius CCCure CISSP weekends boot camp.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I used both resources and I think using both of them helped me pass my exam.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you have failed the self study method your problem is likely going to rest in one possibly two camps.

First, you lack the underlying experience and the CISSP feels very theoretical and abstract in nature. Combat this with doing as much hands on labing as you can stand. Incident response or at least going through the motions with an experienced practitioner would be most beneficial.

Second, your eluding to the cram-camp methodology. If your a person with a near photographic memory and tend to regurgitate information on demand this is the way to go. From what your implying I think your really looking for a mentor not a lecture. There are TONS of canned lectures on the CISSP on YouTube, Cybrary and a host of other fine products out there.

Those options aside you back to the mentor thing. Two ways of accomplishing this task. One, find an active study group. The best peers make the best professors, here. The second is to find a true patient practitioner, someone who has passed the CISSP and is willing to help answer your questions along the way.

Let us know if we can help.

Good luck.

- b/eads
  • Options
    Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    beads is spot on, as usual. There is no replacement for genuine experience in the Domains.

Is this your first cert? What is your background like? What study materials did you use? Did you take any practice tests? Which ones?

As for the boot camp, Larry G. is absolutely awesome. Check out the recorded video sessions. And you MUST watch the free Cybrary video course by Kelly (We all love her). It's really that good.
  • Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can get the recordings of Larry's course for $99. I would suggest getting that first to see if his style interests you before paying his bootcamp price

Also +1 for Beads