Options

Network+ TechNotes

topstartopstar Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm from the uk and would like to purchase the above however I do not have a master or visa card, can I forward a personal cheque or postal order? If so can I have the address and the amount including posting in sterling?

Many thanks
Stephen

Comments

• Options
    OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    topstar wrote:
    I'm from the uk and would like to purchase the above however I do not have a master or visa card, can I forward a personal cheque or postal order? If so can I have the address and the amount including posting in sterling?

Many thanks
    Stephen

If you are referring to the TechNotes posted on this website, they are all free, or at least last time I checked they were free...

EDIT: Yep, still free... Just log into the website using your forum username and password, and click on this link to access all the Network+ stuff: http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml

- Joey
  • Options
    topstartopstar Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply, but I should have worded it differently I would like to purchase the special edition network + technotes availably at this site and pay by post if at all possibly any help would be welcome.

Many thanks
    Stephen
  • Options
    topstar wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, but I should have worded it differently I would like to purchase the special edition network + technotes availably at this site and pay by post if at all possibly any help would be welcome.

Many thanks
    Stephen

Forgive my ignorance and my curiousity, but what are you talking about? I'm not aware of any "paid special version" of any TechNotes offered anywhere on TechExams.net, but I know there are links to off-site, third-party, non-affiliated websites such as CBT Nuggets, PrepLogic and others... Perhaps you're getting them confused or I'm just an idiot? Not sure which.

- Joey
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Those who've been around a bit longer, and those who found one the remaining few links to it, know we also have a commercial version of the Network+ TechNotes, called the Special Edition:

www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml

Differences are listed on that page. Note that the SE doesn not contain updated chapters, only the 2001 TechNotes and practice questions corresponding to the 2001 objectives. Because the 80-90% of the questions still applies, and the dead cheap price, we still sell a couple of these a week.

And yes, I am still working on the updated version of the PDF version(s), and also on a free and SE version PDF for the Security+ exam.

@topstar, please contact me at webmaster 'at' techexams.net and we'll work something out.

Johan
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    Those who've been around a bit longer, and those who found one the remaining few links to it, know we also have a commercial version of the Network+ TechNotes, called the Special Edition:

www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/pdf.shtml

Differences are listed on that page. Note that the SE doesn not contain updated chapters, only the 2001 TechNotes and practice questions corresponding to the 2001 objectives. Because the 80-90% of the questions still applies, and the dead cheap price, we still sell a couple of these a week.

And yes, I am still working on the updated version of the PDF version(s), and also on a free and SE version PDF for the Security+ exam.

Thank you for the clarification. That explains why I never saw that link. I've only been to that page once anyway, and that was to download the free .pdf file you offer... I might have to consider getting that paid version, but I might wait for the updated information, though I'm more interested in the practice questions then anything...

- Joey
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    We haven't promoted it much for some time so I guess a lot of people are not familiar with our SE. We are of course a 'free cert site' and selling products is not our core business, apart from the additional practice questions and getting the online practice questions in the PDF it's also meant as a sort of donate option. The goal of TechExams.net has always been offering 50+ free questions, free TechNotes online, free TechNotes in a PDF, a SE PDF with at least 3 full exams (e.g. in case of sec+ 3x100 questions, in case of MS exam 3x55 questions) 'and' the free online exam, for as many certification exams as possible. Obviously things are going as fast as I and hopefully everyone else would want it to go, but I'm sure we'll have PDFs for dozens of exams some day.

I'm actually going to try and finish the Network Services and the WAN Technologies chapter/TechNotes this weekend. After these two, I will write a new one called Wireless Networking, than update the Network Support and the Fault Tolerance & Disaster Recovery chapters, and than update and rewrite the UNIX/Linux, Apple Mac, Microsoft, and Netware specific TechNotes. I think that will leave a couple of exam objectives I'll have to cover, and then I'll be updating and writing hundreds of practice questions, have it proofread/'beta tested', edit, design a slick looking cover, and than convert it all to PDF. :D

Those who bought the N10-002 SE and are still preparing for the N10-003 will be able to get an updated SE free. But even though I'm nearing the completion of the PDFs, I really can't say whether it will be a matter of weeks or month, as sometimes I just need to switch to a different topic, such as the Security+ TechNotes. I want to finish the PDF for that one soon too, so after that I can spend some time on writing loads of new practice questions, for various exams, for the upcoming new features in our test engine.