Options

CISM - Online Courses

ElementalElemental Member Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all

I purchased the CISM textbook which I am currently reading through; however, when I previously studied for my CISA I used CBT Nuggets online course material. Unfortunately CBT Nuggets do not have any online course material for CISM.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any similar online CISM course material? I am happy to pay a monthly subscription but nothing outrageous. For example, some online courses want a one off fee of several hundred dollars - I would happy pay $100 a month as long as it had the option to let me cancel the subscription at any point.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Luke

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hi - and welcome to TE. When I took the CISM, all I used was the CISM course materials and the Q&A database. You may want to consider getting the Q&A database. I've never come across a CISM online class - probably because it's probably not going to be very useful. If you have studied for other certs like CISSP, you aren't likely to need an actual course.

If you are an ISACA member, there are CISM study groups which you could look into if you are more comfortable having another resource.

Good luck
  • Options
    roxerroxer Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Megaminds has an online class - its is actually pretty good. It was taught by the guy (W. Krag Brotby) that wrote the book and Q&A bank. But honestly the book and Q&A bank is enough to pass the test.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TMK, they have an online course by Steve Caseley, maybe check the archived courses. Personally, I would highly recommend the CISM online course in Cybrary.it as Kelly does a great job of presenting the material.

The online course and the Q&A DB (mentioned by @paul78 above) should be more than adequate to pass the exam. icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    ElementalElemental Member Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi all

Thank you very much for your responses. I am a member of ISACA (CISA) and have joined their CISM groups. I had a look at Megaminds - it looks good but to be honest it is out of my price range. Cybrary looks amazing! I had no idea that website even existed. I am trying out the free CISM course material and will probably end up happily paying to upgrade my account - I can always cancel my membership in a couple of months after I sit my exam.

Out of curiosity, what does TMK stand for? I remember watching Steve Caseley when he did the CBT Nuggets CISA course - has he moved on to a different Company now?

Cheers for your help.

Luke.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Elemental wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what does TMK stand for?
    TMK = "To my knowledge"
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Elemental wrote: »
    Hi all

I purchased the CISM textbook which I am currently reading through; however, when I previously studied for my CISA I used CBT Nuggets online course material. Unfortunately CBT Nuggets do not have any online course material for CISM.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any similar online CISM course material? I am happy to pay a monthly subscription but nothing outrageous. For example, some online courses want a one off fee of several hundred dollars - I would happy pay $100 a month as long as it had the option to let me cancel the subscription at any point.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Luke

I'd use Cybrary CISM videos google it!