Options

Passed ICND2 for my CCNA R/S!

johndabomb44johndabomb44 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
First off, I would like to begin by thanking everyone on this forum for their support. What you say goes into what I do and use to study and it hasn't failed me yet.

I passed my ICND2 exam today and would like to share some thoughts:

-If you're doing the two test route to CCNA, I would highly recommend reading or studying whatever material you used for the ICND1 as some of the ICND1 material popped up in ICND2.

-While I didn't feel there was "more" material per se than in the ICND1, a lot of the material in ICND2 is more complex by far. Don't think because it's smaller to study that you should spend less time on it. You should spend MORE time.

Study material used:

1. CCNA ICND2 Study Guide: Exam 200-105 3rd Edition by Todd Lammle

Absolute must-have if you're into learning by book. I used his ICND1 book for the ICND1 and passed with flying colors. Only 20 bucks or so on Amazon. Make sure you do ALL of the material such as labs, practice exams, flash cards etc.

With that being said after taking the ICND2, I felt like this book didn't do as well as his ICND1 book. I felt like a lot of things on WAN were kinda half-assed. It does a solid job on interior routing protocols but if you get this book, you should lab a lot on the WAN side.

2. Cisco Packet Tracer

Again, thank you all so much for your help.

Comments

• Options
    BennyTheManBennyTheMan Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations 🎇🎇🕺🎇 bro. I am studying for icnd2 right now. Haven't gotten serious about it yet, but am looking into a schedule now.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good work!
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Job. I'm currently working on my MCSA then I have to go back and retake my CCNA since I let it expire.

I suggest you slowly start working on one of the CCNP exams. You can take it in a couple years and keep your CCNA valid.