WGU, jump from ITSEC to BSCIA

rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
A few years ago I took a break from ITSEC and recently reapplied (and was accepted) to the BSCIA program. Looking at it now I am not sure how much will transfer over. icon_redface.gif

I was sitting at 99 hrs in ITSEC.

Has anyone transitioned over? How much transfered? I was about to jump into C173, C169, C175. Any programs with a bit more credit?

Who would I talk to about it? Seems I am basically told to sit down and chill until Sep 15th or so.

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I decided to stay with IT Security in order not to lose credits as there weren't that many intersections between the two.

Employers don't care anyways in most cases, as long as you have some kind of security bachelors degree. Plus, I didn't like much their selection of certs (EC-Council crap, CIW crap and low-tier CompTIA crap) with the only useful cert for me being CCSP.

So I decided to stay where I'm at. At this point of my career I just need to put this BS IT security on my resume as I skipped the education step when I started.
  • rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Moved back to BSNOS after looking through what carries over. Guess we will see how CCDA goes if that was the right move.