Cloud based labs

2727 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello people,

I'm wondering whether any of you may have experience of having your (personal) training environment in the cloud.

I currently use a single (powerful) laptop which lets me run VMWare Workstation Player with perhaps two virtual domain controllers and one client.

I'm in the early stages of considering moving to the cloud but initial investigations show that (Azure) pricing is not necessarily straightforward or transparent.

Anyone doing this currently or having similar thoughts?

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    27 wrote: »
    Hello people,

I'm wondering whether any of you may have experience of having your (personal) training environment in the cloud.

I currently use a single (powerful) laptop which lets me run VMWare Workstation Player with perhaps two virtual domain controllers and one client.

I'm in the early stages of considering moving to the cloud but initial investigations show that (Azure) pricing is not necessarily straightforward or transparent.

Anyone doing this currently or having similar thoughts?

I had the same issue doing 70-697, I kept using the free trials of Azure, signing up with different email address. Until I got the hand of things, when it comes to any cloud based training, especially for self studying. Unless you start paying then you can be limited.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• MartogMartog Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Depending on the exam, I'd look at CBT nuggets, if the course has a virtual lab, not only do you get training, you get a virtual lab and usually Kaplan pratice tests, all for $80/month. I combined it with a R720 I have at home that has dual 8 core plus 64GB of RAM, my 70-742 I kid you not i had 15 VM's up and running by the time I was done, maybe overkill but it helped re-enforce some of the things.