Options

CISSP (provisionally) passed 8.21.2018

bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
As title says. Took exam Tuesday evening. It was perhaps the hardest exam I've ever taken.

I can only remember 1 question that I just knew the correct answer. For the rest it was trying to eliminate any and make a best guess from those remaining. One question I was able to eliminate 3 of the 4 options. I still have no idea what the 4th was/is, but I knew the other 3 were clearly not the correct answer.

Somehow managed to end the exam at the 100 question mark, in roughly an hour.

I took a bootcamp for the class at the beginning of the month; I tried self-study. I really really did (on multiple tries), but the Harris book was just too difficult/dry/boring to get through. I don't feel the class was all that useful though; very little of what the instructor had us focus on felt like it was asked. I also have my MS:CSIA through WGU which ... sadly didn't feel like it helped much either. Something must have though; I really don't know how I managed to pull it off.

On to the endorsement process!
Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno

Comments

• Options
    CyberJosh95CyberJosh95 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

Re: Harris, I agree. I've found the Sybex and Conrad books much better.

Re: "I really don't know how I managed to pull it off." You passed because you obviously know and understand the material and were in the proper mindset. Excellent work!
  • Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bermovick wrote: »
    As title says. Took exam Tuesday evening. It was perhaps the hardest exam I've ever taken.

I can only remember 1 question that I just knew the correct answer. icon_lol.gifFor the rest it was trying to eliminate any and make a best guess from those remaining. One question I was able to eliminate 3 of the 4 options. I still have no idea what the 4th was/is, but I knew the other 3 were clearly not the correct answer.

Somehow managed to end the exam at the 100 question mark, in roughly an hour.

I took a bootcamp for the class at the beginning of the month; I tried self-study. I really really did (on multiple tries), but the Harris book was just too difficult/dry/boring to get through. I don't feel the class was all that useful though; very little of what the instructor had us focus on felt like it was asked. I also have my MS:CSIA through WGU which ... sadly didn't feel like it helped much either. Something must have though; I really don't know how I managed to pull it off.

On to the endorsement process!

Awesome!
  • Options
    ArridTatooineArridTatooine Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !! Well deserved, this cert is no joke for sure !! I'm still waiting in my endorsement process it's been 3 weeks... so almost half way through there.
    Which cert is next for you ?
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and best of luck in the endorsement process!
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • Options
    InfoAssureInfoAssure Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Quite an achievement!
  • Options
    MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job!
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike