Options

GCFA Certification (tips/help)

Luis AcunaLuis Acuna Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello community,

First of all I would like to thank for the valuable information I was able to read prior my GCED exam which I was able to pass on June 13th and a lot of tips I gather were from this community.

I'm currently have the updated GCFA books and labs since a peer from work borrow me all the material. I will be doing the GCFA certification exam in 3 months and I have no previous experience on forensics. I see that I will need to dedicate a good portion of my time studying. Are there any tips you can provide for this exam?

How is the exam? It's pretty difficult?
Should I buy the test exam from SANS? (I did it for GCED and the test exam was nothing compere to the real exam)
Should I try the "*********" for practicing?

This is not my first SANS certification and I know for sure I need to dedicate time for studying. I'm a bit worried since I have no previous experience on forensic.

Any Help?

**PS: I also have 4 practice exams for GCED certification in case anybody would like to trade it for any practice exam for GCFA or GCIH I would love to.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    just a note before i answer u. SANS materials is non-transferable in any kind as detailed in the course license agreement on the first page. Therefore, please do not borrow and share your books with your colleague as it violates the written CLA.

My tips for GCFA, read the last book at least twice. Since the last book contains very in-depth material, its ideal u read and understand the concept thoroughly.

Second tip is to download a malware onto ur windows VM to infect it. After u infect a windows VM, u can suspend it and get the infected machine memory out. Do a bit of actual analysis from there and u can learn a great deal about it.
  • Options
    Mayank1993Mayank1993 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Luis,
    I am also preparing for the GCFA Exam. I sent the request to you over the LinkedIn. Kindly accept the request so that we can discuss more about the exam.