Options

Netowrk+ or CCNA, job related dillema

magic19magic19 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm starting in the infrastructure field of IT (finally). I have no certs and I was starting on my Network+. I was thinking it would be best for me to skip my Net+ and just move on to CCNA since I have the basic knowledge of Networking. I've been doing it for 5+ years now. I also have a home lab to get started with. What's you guys take on this? Would you spend a month to study for the Network+ or just move on to the CCNA?

I really need some advice on this one because I don't know anyone in my field of work.

I've also been thinking of just study for the Net+ and work with my home lab at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    The CCNA pretty much covers most if not all of network +. I am working on my CCNA right now, and I know network + has given me a solid foundation to absorb the CCNA material easier and faster. Either route you take would prob not be a bad decision, but I would highly recommend network + since it throws down the foundation of networking and would count as an elective if you directed your path towards Microsoft. The network + exam would also give you a taste of an actual exam, with a much less complexity of learning and time involved to pass.