Options

CCSP 9/7 Pass

zlykotzlykot Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took my CCSP today with somewhat little prep, basically spent 2-3days skimming through the Sybex CCSP book and took the practice exams for each of the domains. Overall I have to say that 70-80% of the questions were covered in some form or fashion in the book.

With that said I did run into 2 questions that I thought were in a different language... and a few others that were open to interpretation in such a variety of ways that I had to toss a coin.

CISSP, Cloud integration and development experience definitively helps.

T

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I just passed it on the 6th, however my question bank was definitely different from yours as I felt maybe 40% of the questions were really covered in the book. But broader security experience definitely helped me out.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey congrats, well done and thanks for the info!
  • Options
    SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When you say not covered in the book, what do you really mean? The book shall cover all the concepts and material but the questions might require some analysis and deep true understanding but it should not include terms or concepts that are not covered in the book. And if they are really not covered in the book, what shall I study!?
  • Options
    zlykotzlykot Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In my case, most concepts were covered but some required either prior knowledge or research to cover well. I would use the book as a guide of what you need to know. Most questions were indirect references to the concepts covered in the book. i.e. based on these circumstances what would fit this best. a) application of concept a b) application of concept b... etc The answer is in the key words of the question usually.

Hope it helps.