Options

Can someone tell me the dram/flash requirements for IOS 12?

qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
Can someone please tell me the dram/flash requirements for the latest IOS (12.4.6)

Is 16/16 enough?
World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hmmm 16/16 makes me guess that you are talking about 2500 series since you did not specify unit type. Sorry 2500's are left behind after 12.3 and even then I think you need 18/16 which is only possible on the end of life units. Straight 12.4 inital release was bug fix only 12.4(4) and 12.4(6) add features.

You can read about 12.4(6)T in a PDF of the slide presentation and also a flash demo at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/prod_presentation_list.html
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Can you tell me the difference between these two IOS' ?

- c2500-io-l.122-5.bin
    - c2500-is-l.112-5

Also, as long as one router has enough ram/dram. That should be okay for the CCNA exam shouldn't it?

Which one shoudl I use?
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yea this stuff is pretty hard to find because at 12.3 they started changing the naming convention to make it simpler. Then at the same time they started changing the web site generating lots of dead links for anything to do with naming. A site the size of Cisco's it must be a massive undertaking to clean it up after a big change. Many links just take you back to the start.

Anyway the top one in your message should do fine for ccna. That is 12.2 release 5 and needs 16/16. You probably want to go to this link and grab the white paper PDF before it disappears and your only source would be the selection tool which you need an account for.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_white_paper09186a00801ab747.shtml

That should show you how to decode the binary names through 12.2 after that it starts getting wierd or at least different.

Yours should decode to 12.2(5) with IP subset (SNMP, IP, Bridging, WAN, Remote Node, Terminal Services) + Firewall (formerly IPeXchange Net Management) + IPeXchange IPX, Static Routing, and Gateway.

The lower release one is 11.2 (5) with IP subset (SNMP, IP, Bridging, WAN, Remote Node, Terminal Services) + NAT, RMON, IBM, Multichassis Multilink PPP (MMP), and Virtual private dial-up networks (VPDN)/Layer 2 Forwarding (L2F) + IPeXchange IPX, Static Routing, and Gateway

For 11 if it is not shown then it is generally not there. For 12 it normally contains all the neat features of version 11.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO