Thoughts / feedback on the Professional Cloud Security Manager certification

Azt7Azt7 Member Posts: 121 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was at an event last Friday and had the chance to discuss with an industry veteran (Over 25 years in IT) who is an IT Service Director for a fortune 500.

When we got on the topic of certifications, I advised that I had both an AWS and Azure Architect certification with the next step being a cloud security certification as I was looking more at a CCSK (No interest for CCSP at the time for me)

My goal for that security certification is more to have a baseline / a proof that I have some knowledge on cloud security, that's the reason why I feel that the CCSP is an overkill for me.

He somewhat agreed and strongly advised to look into the Cloud Credential Council (CCC) certification called Professional Cloud Security Manager https://www.cloudcredential.org/certifications/cloud/pcs/

He did the self-study and took the exam himself and was very pleased with the knowledge.

Did anybody ever check for that certification ? What weight does it hold in your eyes ?

Any feedback will be appreciated
Certifications : ITIL, MCSA Office 365, MCSE Productivity, AWS CSAA, Azure Architect, CCSK, TOGAF
Studying for :  TBD

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I don't know in Canada but here in the US I bet no one knows what this cert is. Check you local market before you jump in.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can't imagine it would hold a ton of value outside of a very few managers/directors knowing what it is. I feel like a lot managers don't even know fairly popular certifications let alone ones like this.

The knowledge is good in a lot of certs, but I just prefer to read books or watch videos on topics where I don't think there is a lot of value in the cert itself. Some people find it useful to have the test/challenge of the cert after though.

CCSK or CCSP would be better bang for $ imo. CCSP the top choice, but CCSK is something that can be done fairly quick.
  • Azt7Azt7 Member Posts: 121 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I don't know in Canada but here in the US I bet no one knows what this cert is. Check you local market before you jump in.

Yeah I didn't get any hits on it. I guess I'll continue reading on the CCSK icon_lol.gif
    Certifications : ITIL, MCSA Office 365, MCSE Productivity, AWS CSAA, Azure Architect, CCSK, TOGAF
  • Azt7Azt7 Member Posts: 121 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't imagine it would hold a ton of value outside of a very few managers/directors knowing what it is. I feel like a lot managers don't even know fairly popular certifications let alone ones like this.

The knowledge is good in a lot of certs, but I just prefer to read books or watch videos on topics where I don't think there is a lot of value in the cert itself. Some people find it useful to have the test/challenge of the cert after though.

CCSK or CCSP would be better bang for $ imo. CCSP the top choice, but CCSK is something that can be done fairly quick.

Yeah, I feel the same about reading books or video just to get the value without passing the exam.

CCSK seems definitely to be the best value for the money for me.