Options

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client software

GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
I recently took a post with an established entertainment venue that has an ASA5515 firewall with 250-client VPN license, but instead they use RRAS. We've recently been having trouble with users not able to authenticate when using uncontrolled WiFi (outside of our business) or when tethering via 4G, and this is becoming a big problem for some senior management.

One potential solution would be to VPN to the ASA firewall (as I've always done everywhere else I've worked, via WatchGuard mostly) with a rule allowing them access to the internal network. However, it seems to download any VPN client software from Cisco requires an active support contract which they don't have and are very unlikely to approve.

Do I need a Cisco VPN client to start connecting via the ASA, and if so is there any other way to get hold of it?

Comments

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can try a third party IPSec client
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If they are going to use Cisco, I would suggest renewing the support contract if they want it to work.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A free option would be to use SSTP protocol to make sure the remote VPN connections go to RRAS over TCP 443 as opposed to quirky protocols such as IPSec, GRE, PPTP etc. This way almost ensures that VPN will never be blocked by uncommon internet connections, including free wi-fi access points, hotels, etc.